Our school is located in the heart of Port Credit , at 12 Peter St S, Mississauga
ADMINISTRATOR / PRINCIPAL:
AMI Montessori trained teachers (Association Montessori Internationale)
- Half day: mornings 9:00 am – 12:00PM
- Full day: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Before and after school care are available at extra cost and run from 8-9am and 3:30-5:30pm
- Our school year runs from September, commencing after Labor Day, to mid-June.
- Children may be enrolled throughout the year.
- Holidays observed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays (two weeks), Family Day, and March Break (two weeks), Easter, and Victoria Day. Please refer to the school calendar for details.
This program is for students of 18 months to six years old. Children entering the CASA program must be fully toilet trained A fully toilet trained child is aware of their physiological needs, and is able to notify staff that they need to use the washroom.
MONTESSORI CASA and Toddler PROGRAM:
“The Montessori method is based on love of the child and respect for his natural capabilities.”
The Montessori Method of education is followed whereby the child learns at his/her own pace and absorbs information from an enriched prepared environment. The child’s sensitive periods are recognized as he/she is guided to develop co-ordination, concentration, good work habits, and academic skills. Montessori materials and activities generally fall into these five groups: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Cultural Activities.
In addition, our school provides French, Music and Physical Education, and Yoga classes.
Parents may make an appointment to observe a children at work.
- Children are not allowed to attend the school if they are to ill to participate, or if they are suffering from any contagious disease.
- If a child becomes ill during the day, he /she will be put in an isolated area and the parents will be called to pick the child up as soon as possible. Any child who is unable to go outside should stay at home.
- The staff will use its own discretion concerning the seriousness of a cold. Any child with a bad cold (cough, fever, etc.} will be asked to leave and return when able to function well with the group.
- Parents are requested to phone the school when a child is absent due to illness.
- A child with communicable disease or diarrhea will not be accepted into the school.
- A child must have a Doctors note saying that he/she is fit to return to school after a communicable disease.
- If child has taken any fever or pain reducing medication within 24 hours.( ie. Tylenol, Benelyn, Advil), child must remain at home and be medication free for 24 hours before returning to school
- Staff is permitted to administer medication that is in the original container prescribed by the doctor, and with the Medication Authorization Form signed by the parent.
On occasion the staff and students of Prince Edward Montessori leave the premises of the school to go on field trips. Examples of such outings include museums, farms, and library.
The main doors are locked all day except for arrival and dismissal times. The main door is monitored through our office, via a security camera. At Prince Edward Montessori School we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your child. Parents, grandparents and caregivers will need to provide photo identification upon pick-up if they have not yet met your child’s directress/or and/or assistant.
In order to register a child at Prince Edward Montessori School the following is required:
- Parents must observe their chosen program and decide that the Montessori Pedagogy is the education of choice for their child
- A completed Application Form
- $180.00 registration fee and the last month deposit.
Parents have the option of choosing one of the two payment plans – please refer to the Fee Schedule
Our early beginnings …
- In 2006, Prince Edward Montessori School expands with a second campus in Port Credit, Mississauga, ON with CASA and Toddler Program
- In 2007, Elizabeth Szczepanski partnered with Bozena Nowicka-Lipa as a full-time Administrator for the Mississauga Campus